Sendmail for NT: How to block outgoing "external" messages for allclients but one? - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Sendmail for NT: How to block outgoing "external" messages for allclients but one? - Windows NT ; The requirements are: (1) Clients running on given hosts (IP addresses) can send messages anywhere in the world. The number of such privileged hosts (IP addresses) is very small. (2) All other clients can send messages only to addresses at ...

  1. Sendmail for NT: How to block outgoing "external" messages for allclients but one?

    The requirements are:

    (1) Clients running on given hosts (IP addresses) can send messages
    anywhere in the world. The number of such privileged hosts (IP
    addresses) is very small.

    (2) All other clients can send messages only to addresses at given
    domains. The number of such privileged destination domains is very
    small too.

    Is it possible to enforce such rules using Sendmail for NT Build 101
    8.9.3/NT-8.9.3?

    If yes, then how exactly can it be done? (I am less than a novice with
    Sendmail, so if this can be done with some simple code in some
    configuration file, I would really, really appreciate detailed
    instructions.)

    Thank you,
    Yarik.

  2. Re: Sendmail for NT: How to block outgoing "external" messages for all clients but one?

    Dunno, that would be something to ask Sendmail. If they have a user forum,
    you'd probably get an intelligent response; this forum is for the Exchange
    "Windows Messaging" client that shipped with NT. Sendmail is a third party
    application and you likely won't find any experts here; I'm certainly not,
    I've never used the product.

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

    wrote in message
    > The requirements are:
    >
    > (1) Clients running on given hosts (IP addresses) can send messages
    > anywhere in the world. The number of such privileged hosts (IP
    > addresses) is very small.
    >
    > (2) All other clients can send messages only to addresses at given
    > domains. The number of such privileged destination domains is very
    > small too.
    >
    > Is it possible to enforce such rules using Sendmail for NT Build 101
    > 8.9.3/NT-8.9.3?
    >
    > If yes, then how exactly can it be done? (I am less than a novice with
    > Sendmail, so if this can be done with some simple code in some
    > configuration file, I would really, really appreciate detailed
    > instructions.)
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Yarik.

  3. Re: Sendmail for NT: How to block outgoing "external" messages forall clients but one?

    Hi Hal,

    I do understand that this forum is not the best one for my question.
    It's just the problem is very pressing, so I cross-posted to all
    newsgroups where I saw any discussions of "Sendmail for NT".

    In any case, I apologize for any inconveniences that my cross-post may
    have caused.

    Best regards,
    Yarik.

  4. Re: Sendmail for NT: How to block outgoing "external" messages for all clients but one?

    No inconvenience at all, my concern was getting you good help.

    Hal
    --

    wrote in message
    > Hi Hal,
    >
    > I do understand that this forum is not the best one for my question.
    > It's just the problem is very pressing, so I cross-posted to all
    > newsgroups where I saw any discussions of "Sendmail for NT".
    >
    > In any case, I apologize for any inconveniences that my cross-post may
    > have caused.
    >
    > Best regards,
    > Yarik.

  5. Re: Sendmail for NT: How to block outgoing "external" messages for all clients but one?

    Care to expanciate?
    wrote in message
    > The requirements are:
    >
    > (1) Clients running on given hosts (IP addresses) can send messages
    > anywhere in the world. The number of such privileged hosts (IP
    > addresses) is very small.
    >
    > (2) All other clients can send messages only to addresses at given
    > domains. The number of such privileged destination domains is very
    > small too.
    >
    > Is it possible to enforce such rules using Sendmail for NT Build 101
    > 8.9.3/NT-8.9.3?
    >
    > If yes, then how exactly can it be done? (I am less than a novice with
    > Sendmail, so if this can be done with some simple code in some
    > configuration file, I would really, really appreciate detailed
    > instructions.)
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Yarik.

+ Reply to Thread