My HP DLT VS80 will only hold 37 gigs of data - Windows NT

This is a discussion on My HP DLT VS80 will only hold 37 gigs of data - Windows NT ; I have BrightStor Arcserve Backup Version 11.1 SP1 and a HP Storageworks DLT VS80 If I look in " device manager" within BAB I can see that the DLT is being picked up correctly but if I look at the ...

  1. My HP DLT VS80 will only hold 37 gigs of data

    I have BrightStor Arcserve Backup Version 11.1 SP1 and a HP
    Storageworks DLT VS80 If I look in " device manager" within BAB I
    can see that the DLT is being picked up correctly but if I look at the
    'Details' and 'Cartridge Type' it is listed as a DAT tape.

    How to fix that?

    Thank

  2. Re: My HP DLT VS80 will only hold 37 gigs of data

    "adoyon@reference.qc.ca" wrote:

    > I have BrightStor Arcserve Backup Version 11.1 SP1 and a HP
    > Storageworks DLT VS80 If I look in " device manager" within BAB I
    > can see that the DLT is being picked up correctly but if I look at the
    > 'Details' and 'Cartridge Type' it is listed as a DAT tape.
    >
    > How to fix that?

    Not sure, but if your drive is not being detected correctly, I'm
    wondering if compression is being turned on (if you requested that when
    you did your backup).

    Also, some files are already in a compressed format and either do not
    compress further or actually leave a BIGGER footprint on tape if you try
    to compress a compressed file.

    Just some thoughts...

    Season's Greetings!

    --
    David J Dachtera
    dba DJE Systems

    http://www.djesys.com/vms/support/

    http://www.djesys.com/vms/soho/

    Unofficial OpenVMS-IA32 Home Page:
    http://www.djesys.com/vms/ia32/

    Coming soon:
    Unofficial OpenVMS Marketing Home Page

  3. Re: My HP DLT VS80 will only hold 37 gigs of data

    Yes compression is enable on BrightStor. And I have to backup Office
    files and about 20 Go of Illustrator files.

    I have same problème with Backup Exec 10d.

    David J Dachtera a écrit :

    > "adoyon@reference.qc.ca" wrote:
    > >
    > > I have BrightStor Arcserve Backup Version 11.1 SP1 and a HP
    > > Storageworks DLT VS80 If I look in " device manager" within BAB I
    > > can see that the DLT is being picked up correctly but if I look at the
    > > 'Details' and 'Cartridge Type' it is listed as a DAT tape.
    > >
    > > How to fix that?

    > Not sure, but if your drive is not being detected correctly, I'm
    > wondering if compression is being turned on (if you requested that when
    > you did your backup).
    >
    > Also, some files are already in a compressed format and either do not
    > compress further or actually leave a BIGGER footprint on tape if you try
    > to compress a compressed file.
    >
    > Just some thoughts...
    >
    > Season's Greetings!
    >
    > --
    > David J Dachtera
    > dba DJE Systems
    > http://www.djesys.com/
    >
    > Unofficial OpenVMS Hobbyist Support Page:
    > http://www.djesys.com/vms/support/
    >
    > Unofficial Affordable OpenVMS Home Page:
    > http://www.djesys.com/vms/soho/
    >
    > Unofficial OpenVMS-IA32 Home Page:
    > http://www.djesys.com/vms/ia32/
    >
    > Coming soon: