cannot make phonebook entry - Windows NT

This is a discussion on cannot make phonebook entry - Windows NT ; i filled data in but nt did not save the entry-what is the problem and can somebody send me please to anglomont@yahoo.com an example of phonebook file contents thx...

  1. cannot make phonebook entry

    i filled data in but nt did not save the entry-what is the problem and
    can somebody send me please to anglomont@yahoo.com an example of
    phonebook file contents
    thx

  2. Re: cannot make phonebook entry

    huh?

  3. Re: cannot make phonebook entry

    netjustin wrote:
    > huh?

    yup
    I got an error 1450-insufficient resources...
    tryed to add registry key-NT wont let me as an admin!
    Modifying works though so
    I wish somebody who has a working dial up could send me
    registry entries with 'rasphone' in keys, please

  4. Re: cannot make phonebook entry

    anglomont@yahoo.com wrote...

    >netjustin wrote:
    >> huh?

    > yup
    >I got an error 1450-insufficient resources...
    >tryed to add registry key-NT wont let me as an admin!
    > Modifying works though so
    >I wish somebody who has a working dial up could send me
    >registry entries with 'rasphone' in keys, please

    From your 1st posting, no one has a clue what you were talking
    about. You have missed the keyword RAS which was shown on your
    2nd post.

    If you want help from other people, you need to describe what
    you were doing, what OS you're on, what the problem was, etc.
    Don't expect other people can read your mind.

    BTW, google "how to create RAS phonebook entry" may give you
    some answers.

    By reading your 2nd post, I suspect that you should not edit
    the registry to edit RAS entries. Might be, by changing from
    admin to "local system" would help. But I am not recomand you
    to do you, because you seem not sure what you're doing.

  5. Re: cannot make phonebook entry

    anglomont@yahoo.com wrote:
    > netjustin wrote:
    >
    >>huh?

    > yup
    > I got an error 1450-insufficient resources...
    > tryed to add registry key-NT wont let me as an admin!
    > Modifying works though so
    > I wish somebody who has a working dial up could send me
    > registry entries with 'rasphone' in keys, please

    NT has a limit on the size of the registry. If you can change
    registry entries but not add new ones then you might need
    to increase this limit.

    Go to Control Panel, System and select the Performance tab.
    Click on the Change button (I know it's under Virtual
    Memory but it's what you want). This gives a pop-up page
    that includes the Current Registry Size and the Maximum
    Registry Size. If the current size equals the Maximum try
    increasing the Maximum size.

+ Reply to Thread