windows menu stops responding - Windows NT

This is a discussion on windows menu stops responding - Windows NT ; I have an old windows NT 4.0 server which is our print server. If I press START then ALL PROGRAMS I must very quickly make a selection or the menu will stop responding. The only way out is to move ...

  1. windows menu stops responding

    I have an old windows NT 4.0 server which is our print server. If I press
    START then ALL PROGRAMS I must very quickly make a selection or the menu
    will stop responding. The only way out is to move the mouse out of the
    selection area and start all over. I have 512 MB RAM on the server, plenty
    of drive space available, all service packs, and defragmented the drive.

    Anyone ever see this in the past?

    Thanks

  2. Re: windows menu stops responding

    might help; allows seting menu/mouse speed:
    Tweak UI 1.33
    http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstati.../nttweakui.asp
    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...US/Tweakui.exe
    113,040 bytes