ECP or not - Windows NT

This is a discussion on ECP or not - Windows NT ; Thanks. Where do I look in Windows NT 4.0 6a to see if my printer is ECP or not? -Pete...

  1. ECP or not

    Thanks. Where do I look in Windows NT 4.0 6a to see if my printer is ECP or
    not?
    -Pete

  2. Re: ECP or not

    According to my notes WinNT does not support ECP.
    ECP is not required for printers; it is useful mainly for parallel port devices that have high data input e.g. scanners.

    --
    Mike Walsh
    West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.

  3. Re: ECP or not

    i saw Q-KB
    ((from http://nt4ref.zcm.com.au/kb.htm ->
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=125307))

    that said NT4 did Not support
    ECP but in 2000/08/18 when i got my
    Epson 740 printer; its install instructed to
    go to bios and set:
    Parallel Port:
    378/IRQ7 ECP+EPP DMA3 EPP1.9

    ((iirc one of these does bi-directional so
    that the printer can report back its
    ink supply))
    the Epson drivers installed fine and
    work ((even after later i put the HP