Disable right click in links bar of IE - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Disable right click in links bar of IE - Windows NT ; Hello, I've been working on setting up an internet kiosk, built ontop of XP Professional using IE6 as the browser. To build it, I've been using the Microsoft Managment Console and registry tweaks to get the machine locked down. However, ...

  1. Disable right click in links bar of IE

    Hello,
    I've been working on setting up an internet kiosk, built ontop of XP
    Professional using IE6 as the browser. To build it, I've been using
    the Microsoft Managment Console and registry tweaks to get the machine
    locked down. However, one of the requirements for the project is to
    have a links bar/favorites populated for users. I've got context menus
    disabled for both IE and Windows Explorer, but users can still right
    click on those and move/edit them, which is simply unacceptable. I'm
    looking for a way to either lock them, the Links and Favorites, down
    entirely or completly strip the ability to right click in windows.
    Could someone please help me?
    William Gibb

  2. Re: Disable right click in links bar of IE

    take a look at this,
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/translock.html

    wrote in message
    news:1131113591.754844.208270@o13g2000cwo.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hello,
    > I've been working on setting up an internet kiosk, built ontop of XP
    > Professional using IE6 as the browser. To build it, I've been using
    > the Microsoft Managment Console and registry tweaks to get the machine
    > locked down. However, one of the requirements for the project is to
    > have a links bar/favorites populated for users. I've got context menus
    > disabled for both IE and Windows Explorer, but users can still right
    > click on those and move/edit them, which is simply unacceptable. I'm
    > looking for a way to either lock them, the Links and Favorites, down
    > entirely or completly strip the ability to right click in windows.
    > Could someone please help me?
    > William Gibb

+ Reply to Thread