advice needed on new server product - Windows NT

This is a discussion on advice needed on new server product - Windows NT ; All, I'm working on a new windows server product and I need some advice. First, I'd like anyone willing to talk to me over the phone to send me an email at the address below. Second, I would really appreciate ...

  1. advice needed on new server product

    All,

    I'm working on a new windows server product and I need some advice.

    First, I'd like anyone willing to talk to me over the phone to send me
    an email at the address below.

    Second, I would really appreciate anyone taking the survey I created
    at:
    http://www.serviance.com/survey

    Thanks,

    Phil

    p h i l p at s e r v i a n c e dot c o m

    p h i l p a t s e r v i a n c e d o t c o m

  2. Re: advice needed on new server product

    Dachtera said:
    "Well, first comment would be to abandon Windows and select
    a secure platform instead. "

    isn't this "comp.os.ms-windows.nt.misc" ??
    surely you are Not suggesting that OpenVMS is secure ??
    ie didn't the guy that did VMS go to ms and did
    the kernel for NT4 ??
    the Open stuff is an Open book ie any kid can get
    the code and hack it ..
    they just do not bother but 98% instead reverse engineer
    windoze ..
    eg on web was report two thirds of DDOS attacks came
    from servers that were Not windoze ..

  3. Re: advice needed on new server product

    nt4-ever wrote:

    > Dachtera said:
    > "Well, first comment would be to abandon Windows and select
    > a secure platform instead. "
    >
    > isn't this "comp.os.ms-windows.nt.misc" ??
    > surely you are Not suggesting that OpenVMS is secure ??

    Google for "OpenVMS DEFcon-9"

    > ie didn't the guy that did VMS go to ms and did
    > the kernel for NT4 ??

    NT4 is not VMS. Not even close.

    My point was that Windows is good for what its good for. For anything
    else, use a stable, secure operating system.

    --
    David J Dachtera
    dba DJE Systems

    http://www.djesys.com/vms/support/

    http://www.djesys.com/vms/soho/

    Unofficial OpenVMS-IA32 Home Page:
    http://www.djesys.com/vms/ia32/

    Coming soon:
    Unofficial OpenVMS Marketing Home Page

  4. Re: advice needed on new server product

    David J Dachtera wrote...

    >My point was that Windows is good for what its good for. For anything
    >else, use a stable, secure operating system.

    Agree

+ Reply to Thread