Copy/paste one directory permissions ACL onto another? - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Copy/paste one directory permissions ACL onto another? - Windows NT ; I have two identical directory structures in my Win2K IIS web site, and I would like to copy the *permissions only* user/group ACL from one directory structure and impart it upon another. Possible to do? Any utilities out there that ...

  1. Copy/paste one directory permissions ACL onto another?

    I have two identical directory structures in my Win2K IIS web site, and
    I would like to copy the *permissions only* user/group ACL from one
    directory structure and impart it upon another.

    Possible to do? Any utilities out there that would perform such a
    task?

    Seems like otherwise I'd need to write a batch file to do two things,
    user CACLS or XCACLS in display mode to enumerate the permissions in
    one tree and write that to a text file. Use the contents of "display"
    text file for another batch run using XCACLS in "modify" mode with the
    /t switch.

    -Chuck

  2. Re: Copy/paste one directory permissions ACL onto another?

    robocopy

    "Chuck W." wrote in message
    news:1130360238.107153.147940@f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    >I have two identical directory structures in my Win2K IIS web site, and
    > I would like to copy the *permissions only* user/group ACL from one
    > directory structure and impart it upon another.
    >
    > Possible to do? Any utilities out there that would perform such a
    > task?
    >
    > Seems like otherwise I'd need to write a batch file to do two things,
    > user CACLS or XCACLS in display mode to enumerate the permissions in
    > one tree and write that to a text file. Use the contents of "display"
    > text file for another batch run using XCACLS in "modify" mode with the
    > /t switch.
    >
    > -Chuck

+ Reply to Thread