Hi EveryOne!

0
See [
http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups...px?dg=microsof...

] what MS guy is talking about memory allocation , i wonder that they
say that process address space can be 4 GB [ 32 bit architecture ]
memory with one half for kernel and another for user. Ok! lets say that

you can just use 2 GB with any user application , fine. If i write a
kernel mode code which can access user and as well as kernel space then

it should be able to take care of 4 GB. But why Microsoft guys are just

saying NO for big allocations?

It might be possible that lack of addressing flat memory is due to
other than OS itself like TLB , HW cache , VM manager architecture
etc..

1)

Say Windows 32 bit OS for intel architecture.

0) Kernel space = 2
1) User space = 2

Total process space = 4 GB.

User mode App. = You have just 2 GB to move around , you keep you data,

routines and string for file mapping here.

Kernel mode code = Ok here you can move around 3 GB.

You can see that our system is consuming min 1 GB [PCB , stack etc.] in

both cases. So we can see that system is spoiling 4 GB [ one process]
for every four processes;-)

that is what i'm thinking.

Regards
-ali