Is Firefox v1.0.6 compatible with NT 4.0? - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Is Firefox v1.0.6 compatible with NT 4.0? - Windows NT ; According to the Firefox web site, Firefox 1.0.6 is supposed to be compatible with Windows NT 4.0. I just installed Windows NT 4.0 Workstation, applied the latest Service Pack 6a, as well as the SP6a rollup, and then attempted to ...

  1. Is Firefox v1.0.6 compatible with NT 4.0?

    According to the Firefox web site, Firefox 1.0.6 is supposed to be
    compatible with Windows NT 4.0. I just installed Windows NT 4.0
    Workstation, applied the latest Service Pack 6a, as well as the SP6a
    rollup, and then attempted to install Firefox. Well, it didn't install.
    The setup program ends right after it attempts to verify the executable
    without any notice of why. I tested the same executable under one of my
    Windows 2000 machines, and it installed fine.

    What's going on here?

  2. Re: Is Firefox v1.0.6 compatible with NT 4.0?

    Sm704 wrote:

    > According to the Firefox web site, Firefox 1.0.6 is supposed to be
    > compatible with Windows NT 4.0. I just installed Windows NT 4.0
    > Workstation, applied the latest Service Pack 6a, as well as the SP6a
    > rollup, and then attempted to install Firefox. Well, it didn't install.
    > The setup program ends right after it attempts to verify the executable
    > without any notice of why. I tested the same executable under one of my
    > Windows 2000 machines, and it installed fine.
    >
    > What's going on here?

    Firefox 1.0.6 is running here excellently on an NT4 machine.
    However, I remember I couldn't install Mozilla on an NT4 box a couple of months
    ago unless installing IE6(SP1) before. I don't know what files did cause this,
    but I do know there are a lot of files that are *not* installed or updated by
    service packs and hotfixes but only by "add-ons" like MS installer, IE, MSSCE,

    Try installing IE6SP1 first - It should be save to deinstall it afterwards.

    Stephan

+ Reply to Thread