installing win2k on top of winXP - Windows NT

This is a discussion on installing win2k on top of winXP - Windows NT ; Hi, 4 years ago, I have designed some projects with a tool that works fully well only under win2k. since then i have switched to another area, but i have got back to the same field over the last months. ...

  1. installing win2k on top of winXP

    Hi,
    4 years ago, I have designed some projects with a tool that works fully
    well only under win2k. since then i have switched to another area, but
    i have got back to the same field over the last months.

    Obviously i want to build on my previous experience. currently, the
    company which developed the tool is no more supporting the old versions
    and as such my implemented projects can't even be read with their new
    tool version.

    I am under pressure to get back my designs as soon as possible.

    as a first attempt to address the above problem, i have freed a whole
    partition in the windowsXP PC that i am using to install windows 2k.
    However, this seems not possible. Microsoft recommends to install the
    old versions of the OS before the new ones. I am just wondering is
    there any workaround? i am not allowed to uninstall windows XP from the
    PC that i am using!

    Many thanks for your help...

  2. Re: installing win2k on top of winXP

    Tony;
    This should help with what you need to do:
    http://dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_repair_2k.htm

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    "Tony" wrote in message
    news:1120353689.366699.64250@g49g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    > Hi,
    > 4 years ago, I have designed some projects with a tool that works fully
    > well only under win2k. since then i have switched to another area, but
    > i have got back to the same field over the last months.
    >
    > Obviously i want to build on my previous experience. currently, the
    > company which developed the tool is no more supporting the old versions
    > and as such my implemented projects can't even be read with their new
    > tool version.
    >
    > I am under pressure to get back my designs as soon as possible.
    >
    > as a first attempt to address the above problem, i have freed a whole
    > partition in the windowsXP PC that i am using to install windows 2k.
    > However, this seems not possible. Microsoft recommends to install the
    > old versions of the OS before the new ones. I am just wondering is
    > there any workaround? i am not allowed to uninstall windows XP from the
    > PC that i am using!
    >
    > Many thanks for your help...

  3. Re: installing win2k on top of winXP

    Tony wrote:
    > Hi,
    > 4 years ago, I have designed some projects with a tool that works fully
    > well only under win2k. since then i have switched to another area, but
    > i have got back to the same field over the last months.
    >
    > Obviously i want to build on my previous experience. currently, the
    > company which developed the tool is no more supporting the old versions
    > and as such my implemented projects can't even be read with their new
    > tool version.
    >
    > I am under pressure to get back my designs as soon as possible.
    >
    > as a first attempt to address the above problem, i have freed a whole
    > partition in the windowsXP PC that i am using to install windows 2k.
    > However, this seems not possible. Microsoft recommends to install the
    > old versions of the OS before the new ones. I am just wondering is
    > there any workaround? i am not allowed to uninstall windows XP from the
    > PC that i am using!
    >
    > Many thanks for your help...

    Multi partition your disk and install 2K as a second OS.

+ Reply to Thread