backup - Windows NT

This is a discussion on backup - Windows NT ; Hi, we have a server with 2 scsi hard discs. We would like (if possible) to make a phisical copy (or an image) of the first drive onto the second... Daily, or better every night, scheduled with an at command ...

  1. backup

    Hi, we have a server with 2 scsi hard discs.
    We would like (if possible) to make a
    phisical copy (or an image) of the first drive
    onto the second... Daily, or better every
    night, scheduled with an at command which
    should launch ghost.
    Is it possible?
    Perhaps ghost stop running because some
    files of the first drive are locked (in use) ?
    Thank you very much for your attention.
    Sorry for my bad English.
    Carlo.

  2. Re: backup

    Chobin wrote...

    >Hi, we have a server with 2 scsi hard discs.
    >We would like (if possible) to make a
    >phisical copy (or an image) of the first drive
    >onto the second... Daily, or better every
    >night, scheduled with an at command which
    >should launch ghost.
    >Is it possible?
    >Perhaps ghost stop running because some
    >files of the first drive are locked (in use) ?
    >Thank you very much for your attention.
    >Sorry for my bad English.
    >Carlo.

    ghost v9

    or better

    acronis true image v8

    both can do backup when the os is running.

    the latter has scheduled backup; but i haven't try that myself.

    no sure if ghost 9 has scheduled backup.

  3. Re: backup

    Thank you very much for replying.
    I am going to try Ghost.
    Carlo.

    "Harry" ha scritto nel messaggio
    > Chobin wrote...
    >>
    >>Hi, we have a server with 2 scsi hard discs.
    >>We would like (if possible) to make a
    >>phisical copy (or an image) of the first drive
    >>onto the second... Daily, or better every
    >>night, scheduled with an at command which
    >>should launch ghost.
    >>Is it possible?
    >>Perhaps ghost stop running because some
    >>files of the first drive are locked (in use) ?
    >>Thank you very much for your attention.
    >>Sorry for my bad English.
    >>Carlo.

    > ghost v9
    >
    > or better
    >
    > acronis true image v8
    >
    > both can do backup when the os is running.
    >
    > the latter has scheduled backup; but i haven't try that myself.
    >
    > no sure if ghost 9 has scheduled backup.

+ Reply to Thread