Hey, we're still on Windows NT 4.0 here. Had a sudden problem crop
up in one of our nightly jobs.

We have a job on the mainframe which FTP's records (text data) to
our WinNt 4.0 server. The FTP process was doing an EBCDIC to ASCII
conversion.
Suddenly one day a few of the files were truncated in our program.
We found that an end-of-file character (Ascii hex 1A, decimal 26) was
appearing in the middle of records, thus causing havoc in our
processing.
We further discovered that previously, these characters that were
now eof characters, had been decimal 191 when downloading to the
server.

Has anyone had this experience? We suspect some patches that were
recently applied to the NT server, but are not sure exactly why this
happened.