How can force Task Manager window to WAIT!? - Windows NT

This is a discussion on How can force Task Manager window to WAIT!? - Windows NT ; Hi everyone, When I open Task Manager window on my PC screen, and by the time I move the mouce to it, it goes away!? If I try again and again, same thing happens!! What does that mean? How can ...

  1. How can force Task Manager window to WAIT!?

    Hi everyone,

    When I open Task Manager window on my PC screen, and by the time I move
    the mouce to it, it goes away!?

    If I try again and again, same thing happens!!

    What does that mean? How can I force TM to stay on the screen so I can
    do what I need to do?

    Thanks,
    Mike

  2. Re: How can force Task Manager window to WAIT!?

    mas_it_2000@yahoo.com wrote in news:1116946989.151559.47940
    @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > When I open Task Manager window on my PC screen, and by the time I move
    > the mouce to it, it goes away!?
    >
    > If I try again and again, same thing happens!!
    >
    > What does that mean? How can I force TM to stay on the screen so I can
    > do what I need to do?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Mike

    Are you trying to kill a task? Perhaps some trojan/spyware?
    Some of these actively watch for task manager, and kill it to stop you from
    killing them.

    You might try downloading PSLIST & PSKILL from www.sysinternals.com - these
    commandline tools let you see the processes running, and kill processes (by
    name or by number).

    These utilities may not be targetted by whatever is killing your task
    manager.

    If your machine is networked, you can also use these tools from a remote
    machine.

  3. Re: How can force Task Manager window to WAIT!?

    That is one thing I want to do. My machine is a PC. I was told that it
    could be spyware but I checked that and removed it, however the problem
    is still there!

    Do you still think I have to download PSLIST & PSKILL? Temorarily or
    leave it permanently in my machine?

    Is this the only option I have?

    Thanks alot,
    Mike

  4. Re: How can force Task Manager window to WAIT!?

    I was advised by IBM to re-format my PC which I will do tonight. I
    think that should solve the problem.....

    Thanks all,
    Mike

  5. Re: How can force Task Manager window to WAIT!?

    "Mike" wrote in news:1117053006.639237.252090
    @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

    > I was advised by IBM to re-format my PC which I will do tonight. I
    > think that should solve the problem.....
    >
    > Thanks all,
    > Mike

    That is probably the way to go.

    For minor Windows problems, reboot.