Multiple cmd windows in a .bat file? - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Multiple cmd windows in a .bat file? - Windows NT ; I'm trying to create a .bat file that will open multiple tail sessions in multiple windows. I am using a windows version of tail. My problem is that I'm using 'tail -f,' so the .bat file is waiting for control ...

  1. Multiple cmd windows in a .bat file?

    I'm trying to create a .bat file that will open multiple tail sessions
    in multiple windows. I am using a windows version of tail. My problem
    is that I'm using 'tail -f,' so the .bat file is waiting for control to
    be returned from the tail command instead of moving on and opening the
    remaining tail sessions. Any idea how I can remedy this? Thanks!

  2. Re: Multiple cmd windows in a .bat file?

    kanderna wrote:

    > I'm trying to create a .bat file that will open multiple tail sessions
    > in multiple windows. I am using a windows version of tail. My problem
    > is that I'm using 'tail -f,' so the .bat file is waiting for control to
    > be returned from the tail command instead of moving on and opening the
    > remaining tail sessions. Any idea how I can remedy this? Thanks!

    START /?

    --
    Phil Robyn
    Univ. of California, Berkeley

    u n z i p m y a d d r e s s t o s e n d e - m a i l

+ Reply to Thread