System hangs when minimize the windows. - Windows NT

This is a discussion on System hangs when minimize the windows. - Windows NT ; Hi, I am having problem with my laptop EVO N610C. I have windows 2000 professional installed and it has 1 GB ram. Whenever I minimize the windows, system hangs for a while. Mouse freezes and respond after some time. Googled ...

  1. System hangs when minimize the windows.

    Hi,
    I am having problem with my laptop EVO N610C. I have windows 2000
    professional installed and it has 1 GB ram.
    Whenever I minimize the windows, system hangs for a while. Mouse
    freezes and respond after some time.
    Googled it and somebody suggested to reinstall the video driver. I did
    the same this but problem remains.
    Increased the paging size to 1128 but of no use.

    Can somebody suggest me any solution for the same ?.

    Regards,
    Raj

  2. Re: System hangs when minimize the windows.

    Can somebody please suggest some solution for this ?.

    Rajesh wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am having problem with my laptop EVO N610C. I have windows 2000
    > professional installed and it has 1 GB ram.
    > Whenever I minimize the windows, system hangs for a while. Mouse
    > freezes and respond after some time.
    > Googled it and somebody suggested to reinstall the video driver. I did
    > the same this but problem remains.
    > Increased the paging size to 1128 but of no use.
    >
    > Can somebody suggest me any solution for the same ?.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Raj

  3. Re: System hangs when minimize the windows.

    Rajesh wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am having problem with my laptop EVO N610C. I have windows 2000
    > professional installed and it has 1 GB ram.
    > Whenever I minimize the windows, system hangs for a while. Mouse
    > freezes and respond after some time.
    > Googled it and somebody suggested to reinstall the video driver. I did
    > the same this but problem remains.
    > Increased the paging size to 1128 but of no use.
    >
    > Can somebody suggest me any solution for the same ?.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Raj

  4. Re: System hangs when minimize the windows.

    "Rajesh" writes:
    > Can somebody please suggest some solution for this ?.

    Can you completely rule out the possibility of malware, spyware,
    virus, bad stuff?

    That's where the safe bet is these days with any internet connected
    machine experiencing mysterious system slowdowns.

    Sorry for the kneejerk reaction, but there's no use discussing more
    esoteric solutions without first picking the low hanging fruit. 8-)

    Best Regards,
    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/