Hi All,
I'm working on back end user mode postscript printer driver , I'm
creating an image of word document when user selects "Save as
image" option from windows explorer then I launch a shell while
print stream.
The problem I'm having is while deciding the time to pass
WaitForInputIdle function.
DWORD WaitForInputIdle(
HANDLE hProcess,
DWORD dwMilliseconds
)
I am calculating the time with following formula.

// File Size in bytes
// Process Time in milli seconds

//Constant time can very from CPU to CPU.
If (cpuValue < 450)//P1 And P2 systems
constantTime = 25000
elseif (cpuClock > 450 && cpuClock < 833)//P3 systems
constantTime = 20000
elseif (cpuClock > 833)//P3 pro systems
constantTime = 15000

fileSize = FileLen(fileToPrint)

milliSecond = constantTime + (fileSize / 20)
WaitForInputIdle(handleToProcess , millisecond);
Is there any good way to calculate required running time for an object
where its running time should be flexible for small to large file
sizes.

Cheers.