can't find NT LOADER...? - Windows NT

This is a discussion on can't find NT LOADER...? - Windows NT ; Can someone please explain this to me? The error happens sometime on reboot. All you get is a message that says "can't find NT LOADER" and a black screen. The system will not boot and if you look at the ...

  1. can't find NT LOADER...?

    Can someone please explain this to me?

    The error happens sometime on reboot. All you get is a message that
    says "can't find NT LOADER" and a black screen.

    The system will not boot and if you look at the drive with a dos boot
    disk (granted that the system is Fat 16 and not NTFS) you can't see
    any files. Like everything had been erased....

    What's the problem? What causes the error?

  2. Re: can't find NT LOADER...?

    "Strom - Boli" wrote in message
    newsloooper@news.mindspring.com...

    > Can someone please explain this to me?
    >
    > The error happens sometime on reboot. All you get is a message that
    > says "can't find NT LOADER" and a black screen.
    >
    > The system will not boot and if you look at the drive with a dos boot
    > disk (granted that the system is Fat 16 and not NTFS) you can't see
    > any files. Like everything had been erased....
    >
    > What's the problem? What causes the error?

    Your hard disk may be a little marginal in that it is sometimes
    unable to find the boot files, thus generating the message
    "Unable to find ntldr".

    You can temporarily get around the problem by booting with
    a WinNT boot disk. Here is how to make one:

    - Format a floppy disk on any WinNT/2000/XP PC.
    Don't do it on a Win9x PC - it won't work.
    - Copy these files from the \i386 folder of your WinNT CD to A:\
    ntldr
    ntdetect.com
    - Copy the hidden file c:\boot.ini to A:

    I recommend that you download and run the hard disk diagnostic
    program that your disk manufacturer makes freely available on his
    home site. Your disk could be on the way out.

+ Reply to Thread