can't find NT LOADER...? - Windows NT

This is a discussion on can't find NT LOADER...? - Windows NT ; Can someone please explain this to me? The error happens sometime on reboot. All you get is a message that says "can't find NT LOADER" and a black screen. The system will not boot and if you look at the ...

  1. can't find NT LOADER...?

    Can someone please explain this to me?

    The error happens sometime on reboot. All you get is a message that
    says "can't find NT LOADER" and a black screen.

    The system will not boot and if you look at the drive with a dos boot
    disk (granted that the system is Fat 16 and not NTFS) you can't see
    any files. Like everything had been erased....

    What's the problem? What causes the error?

  2. Re: can't find NT LOADER...?

    Sauce wrote in message <345a72a6.37823b@news.mindspring.com>
    >Can someone please explain this to me?
    >
    >The error happens sometime on reboot. All you get is a message that
    >says "can't find NT LOADER" and a black screen.
    >
    >The system will not boot and if you look at the drive with a dos boot
    >disk (granted that the system is Fat 16 and not NTFS) you can't see
    >any files. Like everything had been erased....
    >
    >What's the problem? What causes the error?

    It's looking for NTLDR which is a hidden file on your boot partition
    (dir/ah). You should also see hiddent files NTDETECT.COM, BOOT.INI,
    BOOTSECT.DOS. I have no idea what has caused your problem. I
    don't think the file system is relevant. My C: is 200 Mb FAT and my
    NT4-SP3 is on D: (2 Gb NTFS).

    Perhaps you need to resort to your Emergency Repair Disk?
    --
    John A. Grant * I speak only for myself * jagr...@znrcan.gc.ca (remove
    'z')
    Tue, 19 Apr 2005 03:48:30 +0000, Strom - Boli wrote:

    > Can someone please explain this to me?
    >
    > The error happens sometime on reboot. All you get is a message that
    > says "can't find NT LOADER" and a black screen.
    >
    > The system will not boot and if you look at the drive with a dos boot
    > disk (granted that the system is Fat 16 and not NTFS) you can't see
    > any files. Like everything had been erased....
    >
    > What's the problem? What causes the error?

  3. Re: can't find NT LOADER...?

    Sauce wrote in message <345a72a6.37823b@news.mindspring.com>
    >Can someone please explain this to me?
    >
    >The error happens sometime on reboot. All you get is a message that
    >says "can't find NT LOADER" and a black screen.
    >
    >The system will not boot and if you look at the drive with a dos boot
    >disk (granted that the system is Fat 16 and not NTFS) you can't see
    >any files. Like everything had been erased....
    >
    >What's the problem? What causes the error?

    It's looking for NTLDR which is a hidden file on your boot partition
    (dir/ah). You should also see hiddent files NTDETECT.COM, BOOT.INI,
    BOOTSECT.DOS. I have no idea what has caused your problem. I
    don't think the file system is relevant. My C: is 200 Mb FAT and my
    NT4-SP3 is on D: (2 Gb NTFS).

    Perhaps you need to resort to your Emergency Repair Disk?
    --
    John A. Grant * I speak only for myself * jagr...@znrcan.gc.ca (remove
    'z')
    Airborne Geophysics, Geological Survey of Canada, Ottawa
    If you followup, please do NOT e-mail me a copy: I will read it here.On
    Tue, 19 Apr 2005 03:48:30 +0000, Strom - Boli wrote:

    > Can someone please explain this to me?
    >
    > The error happens sometime on reboot. All you get is a message that
    > says "can't find NT LOADER" and a black screen.
    >
    > The system will not boot and if you look at the drive with a dos boot
    > disk (granted that the system is Fat 16 and not NTFS) you can't see
    > any files. Like everything had been erased....
    >
    > What's the problem? What causes the error?

+ Reply to Thread