filename history - Windows NT

This is a discussion on filename history - Windows NT ; We currently have a large folder of image files stored on our NT server. I need to find out what one of the files was originally named. The file was recently renamed, but I can find no history of previous ...

  1. filename history

    We currently have a large folder of image files stored on our NT
    server. I need to find out what one of the files was originally named.
    The file was recently renamed, but I can find no history of previous
    names. Under the FILE:PROPERTIES menu, I only get information on the
    date the file was created, modified and last accessed, and other
    superfluous data. Is there any other place to find previous filename
    information.
    Thanks

  2. Re: filename history

    wrote in message
    news:1112811751.585638.183020@g14g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > We currently have a large folder of image files stored on our NT
    > server. I need to find out what one of the files was originally named.
    > The file was recently renamed, but I can find no history of previous
    > names. Under the FILE:PROPERTIES menu, I only get information on the
    > date the file was created, modified and last accessed, and other
    > superfluous data. Is there any other place to find previous filename
    > information.
    > Thanks

    Windows keeps "superfluous" data such as file size, date of creation,
    date of last access etc. but not "essential" data such as a history of
    file names. The terms "superfluous" and "essential" have obviously
    different meanings for different folk . . .

+ Reply to Thread