Windows password prompt only once a day? - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Windows password prompt only once a day? - Windows NT ; Does anyone know how to make Windows only prompt me once a day to change my password? I.e., the first time I log on in the a.m., and it prompts me, and I say No, then I want it NOT ...

  1. Windows password prompt only once a day?

    Does anyone know how to make Windows only prompt me once a day to
    change my password? I.e., the first time I log on in the a.m., and it
    prompts me, and I say No, then I want it NOT to prompt me again until
    24 hours have passed. I log on to multiple boxes on our LAN all day,
    and I swear that Windows only used to prompt me to change my password
    the FIRST time I would log on to the first box every day, regardless of
    which box.

    Am I so dain-bramaged that I dreamed that? Or is there a way to make
    it happen? Thanks in advance!

  2. Re: Windows password prompt only once a day?

    wrote in message
    news:1112736313.755016.140220@g14g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > Does anyone know how to make Windows only prompt me once a day to
    > change my password? I.e., the first time I log on in the a.m., and it
    > prompts me, and I say No, then I want it NOT to prompt me again until
    > 24 hours have passed. I log on to multiple boxes on our LAN all day,
    > and I swear that Windows only used to prompt me to change my password
    > the FIRST time I would log on to the first box every day, regardless of
    > which box.
    >
    > Am I so dain-bramaged that I dreamed that? Or is there a way to make
    > it happen? Thanks in advance!

    Easy. Change your password the first time when prompted, instead
    of procrastinating. If you feel that the prompts come too often, ask
    your network administrator to extend the password expiry period.

  3. Re: Windows password prompt only once a day?

    OH MY GOD!!! That's brilliant! You're a genius! Thanks ever so much!

    Hey, I have an idea! The next time you don't know the answer to a
    question, why don't you pop yourself open a nice can of ShutTheHellUp,
    and bite into a fresh Don'tBotherPosting sandwich?

  4. Re: Windows password prompt only once a day?

    wrote in message
    news:1112821642.814655.66750@l41g2000cwc.googlegro ups.com...
    > OH MY GOD!!! That's brilliant! You're a genius! Thanks ever so much!
    >
    > Hey, I have an idea! The next time you don't know the answer to a
    > question, why don't you pop yourself open a nice can of ShutTheHellUp,
    > and bite into a fresh Don'tBotherPosting sandwich?

    .. . . ask a silly question, get a silly answer!

+ Reply to Thread