Program Install Problem - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Program Install Problem - Windows NT ; I am having a problem installing Adobe Acrobat Professional on a computer. The "help desk" at adobe was about as useful as tits on a man, so here we go. This is in Windows XP Home Edition, SP2. When the ...

  1. Program Install Problem

    I am having a problem installing Adobe Acrobat Professional on a
    computer. The "help desk" at adobe was about as useful as tits on a
    man, so here we go. This is in Windows XP Home Edition, SP2.

    When the program trys to install I get an error. Adobe is trying to
    create/use a folder called "Adobe PDF" in the "Documents and
    Settings/All Users/Documents" directory. However, it cannot get access
    to this folder and tells me to log in as admin. Thing is, I am logged
    in as admin (in fact, there is only one account on the computer). If I
    try to manually create the folder I also get an error saying I don't
    have permission. The "Documents" folder seems to have a pertinent
    "Read-Only" setup; if I turn off the read-only tab it is immediately
    restored after hitting "apply".

    Also, the actual folder labeled "Documents" does not appear in the "All
    Users" directory - but if I type it into the address bar I end up in the
    computers "Shared Documents" folder. I've tried turning off file
    sharing, but to no avail. I am completely unable to rename, delete or
    add any documents to this directory. I can, however, manually change
    the "Shared Documents" name to "Documents", although this has no effect
    on my problem (I assume I'm just changing an alias here).

    Here's what I've tried:

    1) Manually creating the folder - I don't have "permission" to do so.
    2) Enabling/Disabling file sharing - no effect.
    3) Creating the folder elsewhere and then copying it - no "permission"
    once again.
    4) Deleting the "Documents" directory. No effect
    5) Using the "attrib -s" command in the command prompt - "Access Denied"
    6) Using the "attrib -r" command in the command prompt - "Access Denied"
    7) Misc adjustments in the right-click menu

    Any thoughts?

    Thanx

    Bryan

  2. Re: Program Install Problem

    Sorry if this sounds obvious, but , try adobe 5.

+ Reply to Thread