2 print servers 1 printer - Windows NT

This is a discussion on 2 print servers 1 printer - Windows NT ; Hi, we've currently got an office printer for whom one group of people use one print server to print to the printer...and another group of people use another print server to print to the same printer. However, if one group ...

  1. 2 print servers 1 printer

    Hi,

    we've currently got an office printer for whom one group of people use
    one print server to print to the printer...and another group of people
    use another print server to print to the same printer.
    However, if one group tries to print to the printer while a job is
    being processed by the other group of people then printing will crash
    and not submit the job to the print queue.
    If they wait for the first job to finish then they can print as normal.

    Does anyone know why this might be so/how to fix? Problem is easily
    reproduced howeever there is a good reason why there are two print
    servers for a particulat printer.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: 2 print servers 1 printer

    man.or.fish@gmail.com wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >we've currently got an office printer for whom one group of people use
    >one print server to print to the printer...and another group of people
    >use another print server to print to the same printer.
    >However, if one group tries to print to the printer while a job is
    >being processed by the other group of people then printing will crash
    >and not submit the job to the print queue.
    >If they wait for the first job to finish then they can print as normal.
    >
    >Does anyone know why this might be so/how to fix? Problem is easily
    >reproduced howeever there is a good reason why there are two print
    >servers for a particulat printer.

    Hi man.or.fish,
    please give the exact type of the printer and the exact type of
    the network card or print servers, that are used.

    If you want a technical answer, I need your technical data.

    Reinhardt
    --
    Yoda of Borg am I, grammar irrelevant is,
    assimilated you be...

+ Reply to Thread