How do I get a Bootlog with NT4? - Windows NT

This is a discussion on How do I get a Bootlog with NT4? - Windows NT ; I'm running NT4 SP6a. I get a Service Control Manager "Service or driver failed during system startup" message when I boot up. There's no record of any problem in the Event Log. I'm trying to figure out how to get ...

  1. How do I get a Bootlog with NT4?

    I'm running NT4 SP6a. I get a Service Control Manager "Service or
    driver failed during system startup" message when I boot up. There's
    no record of any problem in the Event Log.

    I'm trying to figure out how to get a NTBTLOG.TXT file to see what
    service or driver isn't loading.

    I put this "/bootlog" entry in BOOT.INI:

    "multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINNT40="Windows NT Workstation
    Version 4.00" /bootlog"

    Still no joy. Any suggestions?
    --
    Chas. verktyg@aol.spamski.com (Drop spamski to E-mail me)

  2. Re: How do I get a Bootlog with NT4?

    "* * Chas" wrote in message
    > I'm running NT4 SP6a. I get a Service Control Manager "Service or
    > driver failed during system startup" message when I boot up. There's
    > no record of any problem in the Event Log.
    >
    > I'm trying to figure out how to get a NTBTLOG.TXT file to see what
    > service or driver isn't loading.
    >
    > I put this "/bootlog" entry in BOOT.INI:
    >
    > "multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINNT40="Windows NT Workstation
    > Version 4.00" /bootlog"
    >
    > Still no joy. Any suggestions?
    > --
    > Chas. verktyg@aol.spamski.com (Drop spamski to E-mail me)

    Have a look here for the various switches in boot.ini:

  3. Re: How do I get a Bootlog with NT4?

    "Pegasus (MVP)" wrote in message

    > "* * Chas" wrote in message
    > > I'm running NT4 SP6a. I get a Service Control Manager "Service or
    > > driver failed during system startup" message when I boot up.

    There's
    > > no record of any problem in the Event Log.
    > >
    > > I'm trying to figure out how to get a NTBTLOG.TXT file to see what
    > > service or driver isn't loading.
    > >
    > > I put this "/bootlog" entry in BOOT.INI:
    > >
    > > "multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINNT40="Windows NT

    Workstation
    > > Version 4.00" /bootlog"
    > >
    > > Still no joy. Any suggestions?

    > Have a look here for the various switches in boot.ini:
    > http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/1268/

    Thanks for the quick response.

    According to this link the inference is that /bootlog only works
    Win2k.

    I think I've seen references to NTBTLOG.TXT file also creatable with
    NT4.
    --
    Chas. verktyg@aol.spamski.com (Drop spamski to E-mail me)

+ Reply to Thread