Can anyone help me with a batch file to do the following - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Can anyone help me with a batch file to do the following - Windows NT ; We have a computer here that is setup to scan on but it does not have novell on it. I can manually map to the network drive but everytime you log off with the generic account and log back on ...

  1. Can anyone help me with a batch file to do the following

    We have a computer here that is setup to scan on but it does not have
    novell on it. I can manually map to the network drive but everytime you
    log off with the generic account and log back on you have to remap to
    the network drive. The people I work with have a lot of problems simply
    mapping to the network drive and are constantly coming and asking me to
    map it for them. Even though I wrote up a set by step procedure on how
    to map to the drive. I thought a simple batch file could solve this
    problem and save me a headache that is is becoming.
    All I am doing to map to the drive is just going to tools map network
    drive and fill out the information. I have to leave reconnect at log on
    unchecked b/c if not then I will have to go log on for my user name
    everytime.

    Is there a way to simply write a batch file that will already have the
    path in it and just prompt the user to enter there user name
    Then prompt them to enter their password.

    Once this is entered it will map to the drive.

    I have been going through a bunch of topics on deja and have found some
    information. I know I have to use net use but I am kind of lost.

    Any help on this would be great.
    Thanks
    Chad

  2. Re: Can anyone help me with a batch file to do the following

    Okay I got this much written so far and it works but not how I would
    like it to work.
    net use r: /delete
    net use r: \\ipaddress\name
    net use [/USER:[uswappsacct\]username]
    net use {devicename | *} [password | *] /HOME

    Problem is i still have to type in uswappsacct\username to log in
    instead of just typing in my user name and then password. Any help
    would be great.

  3. Re: Can anyone help me with a batch file to do the following

    "underpressure02" wrote in message
    news:1107794689.444254.44310@l41g2000cwc.googlegro ups.com...
    > Okay I got this much written so far and it works but not how I would
    > like it to work.
    > net use r: /delete
    > net use r: \\ipaddress\name
    > net use [/USER:[uswappsacct\]username]
    > net use {devicename | *} [password | *] /HOME
    >
    > Problem is i still have to type in uswappsacct\username to log in
    > instead of just typing in my user name and then password. Any help
    > would be great.

    This sounds rather confusing. If I interpret your posts correctly
    then you require a batch file that does the following:
    - Prompt you for a user name
    - Prompt you for a password
    - Make a connection to some share, using the above credentials

    Under Win2000/XP, the following will work:

    @echo off
    set /p name=Please enter your logon name:
    if "%name%"=="" goto :eof
    net use r: \\192.168.0.55\SomeShare /user:%name%

+ Reply to Thread