Merging partitions with BootIt NG - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Merging partitions with BootIt NG - Windows NT ; Hi, I have a 6 GB drive that has been split into 3 x 2 GB partitions. The primary holds Windows 2000 Pro SP4 and program files. The other 2 are in the extended partition and are empty. All are ...

  1. Merging partitions with BootIt NG

    Hi,

    I have a 6 GB drive that has been split into 3 x 2 GB partitions. The
    primary holds Windows 2000 Pro SP4 and program files. The other 2 are in the
    extended partition and are empty. All are formatted as NTFS.

    I would like to use BootIt NG to merge all three partitions into a single 6
    GB C: partition. Can anybody give me an outline as to the procedure?

    I understand that I need to first create the bootable floppy and install
    BootIt NG. Should I then delete the volumes in the extended partition and
    then resize the primary partition to take up all the remaining space? Will I
    still see D: and E: drives in Windows Explorer?

    Basically, I want to merge C:, D:, and E: into a single C: and since there
    is no data that needs to be saved in D: or E: it is an operation of
    increasing the primary partition to fill the whole drive.

    Also, once I have accomplished this I would like to uninstall the program to
    ensure users do not accidentally activate it.

    Thanks for the help. It may be the terminology that is holding me up more
    than anything (resize vs. merge vs. slide).

    Steve

  2. Re: Merging partitions with BootIt NG

    Steve wrote:
    : Hi,
    :

    Why are you posting this question here? You should go directly to the
    Terabyte NG and post there, as you will have all your questions answered
    almost immediately. Ya dig?

    Terabyte's NNTP news server: terabyteunlimited.com

    Server port number: 1198

    No login required. HTH.

    J.

+ Reply to Thread