I did a very Bad thing.... In NT server 4.0 SP6 - Windows NT

This is a discussion on I did a very Bad thing.... In NT server 4.0 SP6 - Windows NT ; While I was changing permissions on many directories to suit a new policy... I accidently set the top administrator's account to Read, List and Write only. And only the administrator's account is allowed access to the directory, and as Admin ...

  1. I did a very Bad thing.... In NT server 4.0 SP6

    While I was changing permissions on many directories to suit a new
    policy...

    I accidently set the top administrator's account to Read, List and
    Write only. And only the administrator's account is allowed access to
    the directory, and as Admin I cant add groups or change the permissions
    of the directory.
    NT didnt warn me or ask if I were sure... it just let me do it.

    I know this was very stupid, But I need to know how to remove the
    directory, or reset its permissions.

    The directoy has been backed up recently so i can remove the effected
    directory if I needed to.

    Thank You,
    Lindsay Prince

  2. Re: I did a very Bad thing.... In NT server 4.0 SP6

    "Labuiacs" wrote in message
    news:1107453116.450727.292290@c13g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    > While I was changing permissions on many directories to suit a new
    > policy...
    >
    > I accidently set the top administrator's account to Read, List and
    > Write only. And only the administrator's account is allowed access to
    > the directory, and as Admin I cant add groups or change the permissions
    > of the directory.
    > NT didnt warn me or ask if I were sure... it just let me do it.
    >
    > I know this was very stupid, But I need to know how to remove the
    > directory, or reset its permissions.
    >
    > The directoy has been backed up recently so i can remove the effected
    > directory if I needed to.
    >

    > Thank You,
    > Lindsay Prince

    You need to seize ownership of the folder while logged on as administrator.

+ Reply to Thread