While no obvious command line switches one way to control this tool is
to create a shortcut, place it in the startup group (user's or all
users) and edit the property of the new shortcut to run minimized.

Now every time you log into Windows you'll only get the real time icon
in the notification area (tray).

Steps (validated on Win XP SP2 - you mileage may vary):
1. Create short cut - drag the icon of the taskmgr.exe, while holding
the CTRL & Shift keys, from \windows\system32 to \Documents and
Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
2. Change to start minimize - Right click the properties of the new
icon and select 'run - minimized'
3.
To test execute by double clicking.

Assumptions - Windows is in Windows otherwise modify to whatever is
your Windows directory

Enjoy.

-Ori-
Ori Artman

David M. Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if there any command line options for Taskmgr.exe?

> currently have it in my startup group and I would like to make it

start
> minimised, on the Processes tab and sorted in CPU usage order.
>
> I tried Taskmgr /? from the command line but that just popped it up

from