running a bat file in the background - Windows NT

This is a discussion on running a bat file in the background - Windows NT ; Hi all I enjoy the contribution of this group very much. I am relatively new bat file scripting. here it goes I have the bat file scheduled to run everytime a windows xp machine turns on, the problem is the ...

  1. running a bat file in the background

    Hi all
    I enjoy the contribution of this group very much. I am
    relatively new bat file scripting. here it goes
    I have the bat file scheduled to run everytime a windows xp
    machine turns on, the problem is the script runs fine,. the only
    problem is a dos window pops up and shows the results. if i shut the
    window the scripts stop running, which i do not want. ideally what i
    want is to get the bat file working without a window.

    So far I have tried help/?, I used some of the commands that might
    help but no luck here. any help here would be appreciated.
    deejay

  2. Re: running a bat file in the background

    "deejay" wrote in message
    news:5c105ae0.0501180249.edbc8b2@posting.google.co m...
    > Hi all
    > I enjoy the contribution of this group very much. I am
    > relatively new bat file scripting. here it goes
    > I have the bat file scheduled to run everytime a windows xp
    > machine turns on, the problem is the script runs fine,. the only
    > problem is a dos window pops up and shows the results. if i shut the
    > window the scripts stop running, which i do not want. ideally what i
    > want is to get the bat file working without a window.
    >
    > So far I have tried help/?, I used some of the commands that might
    > help but no luck here. any help here would be appreciated.
    > deejay

    Schedule the batch file to run under an account other than your own!

+ Reply to Thread