Hi.

I am using "ppppdvr.sys" from HP to access my parallel port under
WindowsXP. I am using the parallel port in EPP mode to programm
microcontrollers.

My problem: I can do some thousands data outputs over the parallel port
and then the outputs are stuck. The program I use to program the
microcontrollers runs but the driver seems to be hanging itself up.

As far as I can see from the documentation of the driver this is caused
by Windows doing some sort of "ping" to the LPT port. The documentation
says that I have to "unconfigure the port" because "NT pings LPT ports
even if tzhere is no printer attached as long as LPT port(s) are set up
as printer ports".

Weeeeell. The question ist: what does that mean and how do I do it?

I would appreciate it much if someone could help me with my little
problem or at least point me to a more appropriate newsgroup.

Sincerely,
Maik Schmidt