Mouse goes Crazy in Softice - The Ultimate SOFTICE Tom and Jerry Show !! - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Mouse goes Crazy in Softice - The Ultimate SOFTICE Tom and Jerry Show !! - Windows NT ; Hi, My problem is that every so often the debugger will switch to the debugging screen and then the mouse will go crazy either in the middle of debugging or after returning back from some video interrupts .. It suddenly ...

  1. Mouse goes Crazy in Softice - The Ultimate SOFTICE Tom and Jerry Show !!

    Hi,
    My problem is that every so often the debugger will switch to
    the debugging screen and then the mouse will go crazy either in the
    middle of debugging or after returning back from some video interrupts
    .. It suddenly develops brain and makes the screen
    its playground , moving around selecting things, other button, placing
    breakpoints without my knowledge, scrolling screens ...etc .... Once in
    this mode only a reboot seems to cure the problem.

    I tried -
    -> i do press a series of 'esc' keys followed by 'faults off'
    sometimes it becomes OK , else The Mouse Continues to
    be crazy like setting its own breakpoints, executing ....
    showing rightclick boxes.... !!!

    -> (BTW this crazy mouse has scrolled the screen and moved that
    i lost control of the current instruction)
    I got hold of the mouse in some manner, Then, i tried
    to get the current instruction location using '.' .
    Now, it displays 'GPF' eventhough, The Faults was set as OFF.

    -> I removed the Mouse from my windows98 system. I changed a new
    good mouse. That mouse also went crazy in the afternoon .

    -> I removed the Mouse. But, the GPF is coming at times.

    Is it The SOFTICE Tom and Jerry Show ??
    How to use Softice + Mouse without problem ?
    I have that old Windows 98 and debugging a win98 display driver .

    I am really fedup with the Mouse and Softice (tom and jerry) show,
    Do let me know some tricks,
    Regards,
    karthik bala guru

  2. Re: Mouse goes Crazy in Softice - The Ultimate SOFTICE Tom and Jerry Show !!

    Hi all,
    None to help this poor_tom(me) in this Debugger group!!!
    tell some tips.

    thanx,
    karthik bala guru

+ Reply to Thread