How to force BackupExec to store backup copies of a file for n previous days? - Windows NT

This is a discussion on How to force BackupExec to store backup copies of a file for n previous days? - Windows NT ; Our present "backup software" is just a sript that copies files that should be backed up from network shares to a local hard disk of the backup server, squeezes them with WinRAR, and sticks to a certain folder on a ...

  1. How to force BackupExec to store backup copies of a file for n previous days?

    Our present "backup software" is just a sript that copies files that
    should be backed up from network shares to a local hard disk of the
    backup server, squeezes them with WinRAR, and sticks to a certain
    folder on a hard disk. Since the the quantity of files to backup and
    their total size constantly increase, I wish to migrate to
    professional backup software.
    The fact is that that script mentioned above allows to store backup
    copies of a certain file for n previous days and delete outdated
    copies when necessary.
    How can I force BackupExec to do the same thing?
    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: How to force BackupExec to store backup copies of a file for n previous days?

    "Anton Panyushkin" wrote in message
    news:ee94a901.0412222244.424e53f2@posting.google.c om...
    > Our present "backup software" is just a sript that copies files that
    > should be backed up from network shares to a local hard disk of the
    > backup server, squeezes them with WinRAR, and sticks to a certain
    > folder on a hard disk. Since the the quantity of files to backup and
    > their total size constantly increase, I wish to migrate to
    > professional backup software.
    > The fact is that that script mentioned above allows to store backup
    > copies of a certain file for n previous days and delete outdated
    > copies when necessary.
    > How can I force BackupExec to do the same thing?
    > Thanks in advance.

    I don't know if this can be done with BackupExec but it is
    certainly possible with ntbackup.exe. It just requires a little
    bit of scripting.

+ Reply to Thread