registry modification: access denied - Windows NT

This is a discussion on registry modification: access denied - Windows NT ; Hello I have windows XP professional, administrator account, but i can not delete specified key in registry. Why ? (it my old firewall system which was loaded as service -> which is now disabled). How can i remove this key ...

  1. registry modification: access denied

    Hello
    I have windows XP professional, administrator account, but i can not
    delete specified key in registry. Why ?
    (it my old firewall system which was loaded as service -> which is now
    disabled).
    How can i remove this key ?

    Thanx
    Michal

  2. Re: registry modification: access denied

    "vertigo" wrote in message
    > Hello
    > I have windows XP professional, administrator account, but i can not
    > delete specified key in registry. Why ?
    > (it my old firewall system which was loaded as service -> which is now
    > disabled).
    > How can i remove this key ?
    >
    > Thanx
    > Michal

    Run regedt32.exe, then set the security of the selected key
    to whatever you require.

+ Reply to Thread