I had a NT4 Server running on a RAID pack for around 4 years and we
needed to change the disks as preventative maintenance.

Before I changed anything in the RAID, I added an IDE disk in the
server and mirorred the RAID disk(s) over to the IDE Disk. After this
disk was synchronised (and run-in for about 3 days) I took the RAID
disks offline. I changed the Motherboard's BIOS to NOT boot from the
"(Mylex SCSI Controller, and the 1st Boot device was the IDE Hard
Disk. The server managed to boot up ok from the IDE disk without any
modification to the boot.ini file (attached below).

Next I took out the 4x18GB RAID-5 Disks and replaced them with new
4x36GB disks and created a RAID-5 Pack with a hot standby. Then I
booted the serevr off the IDE disk again and NT mirror the IDE across
to the RAID pack. This also worked fine.

Now my master plan was to set the Motherboard's BIOS to boot off the
"Add In Card" - the Mylex SCSI Controller.

However, this did not work. The System says "NO Operation System" and
sat there.

How can I make the RAID Pack bootable again?

BTW I did do also try ghosting the IDE to the RAID pack after all of
the above, and this went through 100% and the system even started to
load on Boot.. I got view of the boot.ini options and selected the
1st option and the system started to load. But after I got to the
blue Win NT screen showing the processor/ RAM and the system loading
- it then crashed with an error that I could not read.

ANY HELP is greatly appreciated and THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ALL THOSE
THAT CAN HELP.

Regards.

Boot.ini File:
[boot loader]
timeout=10
[operating systems] multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Windows
NT Server Version 4.00" /NoSerialMice:COM1
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Windows NT Server Version
4.00 [VGA mode]" /basevideo /sos

THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ALL THOSE THAT CAN HELP.