I'm having a strange problem. OS: Win2K SP4

Whenever I right-click a file (any file) and choose Properties, the
machine crashes. It's not even a graceful crash, the monitor just
goes blank and then shows the 2000 boot-up screen.

It only happens with my user profile; my other profile with
administrative privileges isn't affected. Neither are other user
profiles.

I realize I could fix the issue by blowing away my local profile and
creating another, but frankly I'm curious to know if anyone knows
what's causing the issue and what the direct fix would be (deleting
the profile is more of a workaround).

Thanks for your time,
~JK