Can't execute programs via the command prompt - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Can't execute programs via the command prompt - Windows NT ; I have Windows XP and lately when I try to run a programs via the command prompt the command prompt window immediately closes and the program is not started. Does anyone know what's going on and how to fix it? ...

  1. Can't execute programs via the command prompt

    I have Windows XP and lately when I try to run a programs via the
    command prompt the command prompt window immediately closes and the
    program is not started.

    Does anyone know what's going on and how to fix it?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Can't execute programs via the command prompt

    "Mike" wrote in message

    > I have Windows XP and lately when I try to run a programs via the
    > command prompt the command prompt window immediately closes and the
    > program is not started.
    >
    > Does anyone know what's going on and how to fix it?
    >
    > Thanks

    Probably time to scan your PC with a good virus scanner.

  3. Re: Can't execute programs via the command prompt

    Mike wrote...

    >I have Windows XP and lately when I try to run a programs via the
    >command prompt the command prompt window immediately closes and the
    >program is not started.
    >
    >Does anyone know what's going on and how to fix it?

    Don't know how to fix it without knowing the problem.

    Check your event log for any error.

    Control Panel | Admin Tools | Event Viewer | Application Log

  4. Re: Can't execute programs via the command prompt

    On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 16:15:11 GMT, mike@nospam.com (Mike) wrote:

    >I have Windows XP and lately when I try to run a programs via the
    >command prompt the command prompt window immediately closes and the
    >program is not started.
    >
    >Does anyone know what's going on and how to fix it?
    >
    >Thanks

    Problem persists... help!!

    I upgraded from XP Home to XP Professional, installedl and ran the
    latest Norton Anti-Virus and the Event log does not help.

    What can be wrong?

    Did I accidentally delete a dll?

    Is there a dll conflict?

    Is there a fix without re-installing the OS?

  5. Re: Can't execute programs via the command prompt

    I don't know why the window closes, but try
    Start "ProgramName"
    Or
    Cmd /K "ProgramName"

    --