Can't upgrade old IE v2.0 to IE6 - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Can't upgrade old IE v2.0 to IE6 - Windows NT ; My computer is running Windows NT V 4.0 SP6 with IE 2.0. The IE is so old, it won't load Microsoft.com pages. How can I upgrad this system to the current IE? Ralph...

  1. Can't upgrade old IE v2.0 to IE6

    My computer is running Windows NT V 4.0 SP6 with IE 2.0.

    The IE is so old, it won't load Microsoft.com pages.

    How can I upgrad this system to the current IE?

    Ralph

  2. Re: Can't upgrade old IE v2.0 to IE6

    Ralph wrote...

    >My computer is running Windows NT V 4.0 SP6 with IE 2.0.
    >
    >The IE is so old, it won't load Microsoft.com pages.
    >
    >How can I upgrad this system to the current IE?

    From another thread of yours, you have another XP system.
    Just use your XP to download IE6 for NT4, burn to a CD (or
    transfer using your home network) to your NT4 box.

  3. Re: Can't upgrade old IE v2.0 to IE6

    harryooopotter@hotmail.co_ (Harry) wrote in message news:<07zJc.46658$Rf.21116@edtnps84>...
    > Ralph wrote...
    > >
    > >My computer is running Windows NT V 4.0 SP6 with IE 2.0.
    > >
    > >The IE is so old, it won't load Microsoft.com pages.
    > >
    > >How can I upgrad this system to the current IE?

    > From another thread of yours, you have another XP system.
    > Just use your XP to download IE6 for NT4, burn to a CD (or
    > transfer using your home network) to your NT4 box.

    I downloaded ie6setup.exe, but this file tries to connect to microsoft.com.

    My system won't connect to microsoft pages. Is there another download you know of?

    Ralph

  4. Re: Can't upgrade old IE v2.0 to IE6

    Ralph wrote...

    >I downloaded ie6setup.exe, but this file tries to connect to microsoft.com.
    >
    >My system won't connect to microsoft pages. Is there another download you

    know of?

    Do a web search for "ie6 admin download" and here is a site that
    teach you how to fetch the whole ie6 to your PC (i.e. your XP).

    http://www.msfn.org/articles.php?action=show&id=23

    Once you have the whole beast, burn it to CD, and use it on your
    non-networked NT4.

  5. Re: Can't upgrade old IE v2.0 to IE6

    Ralph wrote...

    >I downloaded ie6setup.exe, but this file tries to connect to microsoft.com.
    >
    >My system won't connect to microsoft pages. Is there another download you

    know of?

    Do a web search on "ie6 admin download" and here is a site that teach you
    how to fetch a full IE6 download for all platforms.

    http://www.petri.co.il/download_the_full_ie_package.htm

    I summary:

    1. copy your ie6setup.exe to a folder, e.g. c:\tmp\.
    2. open a command promt and cd to c:\tmp and type the following
    ie6setup.exe /c:"ie6wzd.exe /d:1 /s:""#E"
    3. A dialog will ask you where to put the download to,
    specify, say c:\tmp\windows update setup files\.
    4. after download finish (about 50 MB), burn the content of
    c:\tmp\windows update setup files\ to a CD.
    5. you can now use this CD to install IE6(SP1) to any other computer
    (98, ME, NT, W2K/XP) without the need of re-download via the network.

    Good luck.

+ Reply to Thread