Hi,
I did a backup which used up an entire tape, then requested a second
tape. At that point, I cancelled the backup -- it was just a test
anyway.

2 months later, the hard drive crashed.

Now, trying to Restore using the tape, it is recognized during the
"catalog" process, it takes about 5 minutes to read thru the tape, and
the Backup utility requests the 2nd tape. Since there is no second
tape, I press "Cancel", and get the message:

"The requested media failed to mount."

No files are visible to do a restore.

Is there a workaround for this? The first tape has 95% of the files
on the hard drive, and would be very valuable from which to do a
restore.

Thank you.

VictorReinhart
Bender Engineering