Name resolution in DNS - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Name resolution in DNS - Windows NT ; Can Windows NT 4 server DNS able to resolve netbios name resolution ? Client are using windows 98 and Win NT 4 WS. Pls advise. Thanks Rgds Daniel...

  1. Name resolution in DNS

    Can Windows NT 4 server DNS able to resolve netbios name resolution ?
    Client are using windows 98 and Win NT 4 WS. Pls advise. Thanks

    Rgds
    Daniel

  2. Re: Name resolution in DNS

    danieltan@time.net.my (Daniel Tan) wrote in message news:<6a6a9040.0407131025.64271461@posting.google.com>...
    > Can Windows NT 4 server DNS able to resolve netbios name resolution ?
    > Client are using windows 98 and Win NT 4 WS. Pls advise. Thanks
    >
    > Rgds
    > Daniel

    I beleive that you need a WINS server to do NETBios resolution for Windows NT.

+ Reply to Thread