    (Spybot) to no avail.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Hyjacked home page

    On 2004-07-11, mike@nospam.com wrote:

    > Some A..holes have hyjacked my home page on IE.
    >
    > How can I get rid of these creeps. Have tried spyware removal software
    > (Spybot) to no avail.

    Some of those can pretty tenacious. Keep trying various programs (SpyBot,
    Adaware, etc.) until you get rid of it. Then switch from IE to a
    different browser (e.g. Opera, Mozilla, Firefox) that isn't vulnerable to
    such exploits.

    --

    -John (john@os2.dhs.org)

  3. Re: Hyjacked home page

    > > Some A..holes have hyjacked my home page on IE.

    Try the remover HijackThis from

    Bye,
    Sr.

  4. Re: Hyjacked home page

    On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 16:00:22 UTC, John Thompson
    wrote:

    > On 2004-07-11, mike@nospam.com wrote:
    >
    > > Some A..holes have hyjacked my home page on IE.
    > >
    > > How can I get rid of these creeps. Have tried spyware removal software
    > > (Spybot) to no avail.

    > Some of those can pretty tenacious. Keep trying various programs (SpyBot,
    > Adaware, etc.) until you get rid of it. Then switch from IE to a
    > different browser (e.g. Opera, Mozilla, Firefox) that isn't vulnerable to
    > such exploits.

    Good advise, but I'd suggest going further and install Linux or
    eComStation. No exploits here.

    Mark

    --

    From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

    Warpstock 2004, Denver, Colorado, October 21 - 24, 2004
    http://www.warpstock.org
    Warpstock Europe 2004, Arnhem, The Netherlands, November 26-28th,
    2004 http://www.warpstock.net

  5. Re: Hyjacked home page

    On 2004-07-12, wrote:

    > On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 16:00:22 UTC, John Thompson
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Some of those can pretty tenacious. Keep trying various programs (SpyBot,
    >> Adaware, etc.) until you get rid of it. Then switch from IE to a
    >> different browser (e.g. Opera, Mozilla, Firefox) that isn't vulnerable to
    >> such exploits.

    > Good advise, but I'd suggest going further and install Linux or
    > eComStation. No exploits here.

    Not entirely true, but the exploits there are tend to be fewer in number
    and less dangerous in action.

    --

    -John (john@os2.dhs.org)

  6. Re: Hyjacked home page

    On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 16:13:57 UTC, John Thompson
    wrote:

    > On 2004-07-12, wrote:
    >
    > > On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 16:00:22 UTC, John Thompson
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >> Some of those can pretty tenacious. Keep trying various programs (SpyBot,
    > >> Adaware, etc.) until you get rid of it. Then switch from IE to a
    > >> different browser (e.g. Opera, Mozilla, Firefox) that isn't vulnerable to
    > >> such exploits.

    > > Good advise, but I'd suggest going further and install Linux or
    > > eComStation. No exploits here.

    > Not entirely true, but the exploits there are tend to be fewer in number
    > and less dangerous in action.

    http://www.us-cert.gov/cas/alerts/SA04-184A.html

    "Systems Affected

    Systems running Internet Explorer and Microsoft Windows

    Overview

    Microsoft has released an important security update for Internet
    Explorer (IE). This update greatly reduces the impact of attacks
    against several vulnerabilities in IE.

    Description

    Several vulnerabilities in IE could allow a malicious web site or
    HTML email message to install software on your computer. This software
    could be used to steal sensitive financial information or perform
    other actions. Recent incident activity has been referred to as
    Download.Ject, JS.Scob.Trojan, Scob, and JS.Toofeer.

    Microsoft has released a security update for IE that provides
    increased protection against this type of attack. Note that this
    update may not prevent attacks in all cases."

    Note they say the update doesn't fix the exploit, just lessens the
    impact. If people used many different platforms, even a piece of crap
    like windoze would be less risky.

    Mark

    --

    From the eComStation Desktop of: Mark Dodel

    Warpstock 2004, Denver, Colorado, October 21 - 24, 2004
    http://www.warpstock.org
    Warpstock Europe 2004, Arnhem, The Netherlands, November 26-28th,
    2004 http://www.warpstock.net

+ Reply to Thread