windows 2000, windows XP Which one requires more system resources? - Windows NT

This is a discussion on windows 2000, windows XP Which one requires more system resources? - Windows NT ; hi , I was in doubt whether The system requirement i.e. RAM etc of windows 2000 is lower than that of windows XP, or is it other way around? which would run more efficiently on an old pc? and does ...

  1. windows 2000, windows XP Which one requires more system resources?

    hi ,
    I was in doubt whether The system requirement i.e. RAM etc of windows 2000
    is lower than that of
    windows XP, or is it other way around?
    which would run more efficiently on an old pc? and does win2000 takes more
    time than Win xp to boot up? if so why??

    thanks in advance
    sumit

  2. Re: windows 2000, windows XP Which one requires more system resources?

    sumit wrote:

    > hi ,
    > I was in doubt whether The system requirement i.e. RAM etc of windows 2000
    > is lower than that of
    > windows XP, or is it other way around?
    > which would run more efficiently on an old pc? and does win2000 takes more
    > time than Win xp to boot up? if so why??
    >
    > thanks in advance
    > sumit

    A rule of thumb for bloatware: The newer the version,
    greater the bloatware and higher demand for resources.
    Windows XP is newer than Windows 2000 and it certainly
    follows this model.

    As for startup time, there are too many variables that
    affect it, including CPU speed, installed RAM, services
    that need to be installed, etc.

+ Reply to Thread