I have 2 hard disks in my pc, recently i formated my c drive and
reinstalled windowsxp.. not touching the d drive. after installing
some drivers i rebooted and chkdsk came up to check my d drive for
inconcistancy. i let it run and it made changes to the disk.(too fast
to see what it did) So i check the event viewer and see error 55 ntfs.
anyhow when i try to access files on the d drive some work and some
are corrupted. the data is there but a little scrambled, for example i
right clicked a picture that wouldn't open and opened it in winamp, it
happened to be part of a song and played. I've tried some file
recovery software but all seems to restore files still corrupted. any
ideas of how i can correct this problem?