Access network share before logon? - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Access network share before logon? - Windows NT ; Hi all, I have a batch file that im running before logon using AutoExNT. The batch file itself works fine when im logged on, but wont work prior to logon. I believe the problem lies with connecting to the network ...

  1. Access network share before logon?

    Hi all,

    I have a batch file that im running before logon using AutoExNT. The
    batch file itself works fine when im logged on, but wont work prior to
    logon. I believe the problem lies with connecting to the network
    share. The following error is displayed ;

    'System error 59 has occured.
    An unexpected network error occured.'

    Do I possibly need to start a certain network service at the beginning
    of my autoexnt.bat file?

    any ideas?

    cheers,
    eadie.

  2. Re: Access network share before logon?

    "eadie" wrote in message
    news:695c983b.0406230328.1c076a17@posting.google.c om...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have a batch file that im running before logon using AutoExNT. The
    > batch file itself works fine when im logged on, but wont work prior to
    > logon. I believe the problem lies with connecting to the network
    > share. The following error is displayed ;
    >
    > 'System error 59 has occured.
    > An unexpected network error occured.'
    >
    > Do I possibly need to start a certain network service at the beginning
    > of my autoexnt.bat file?
    >
    > any ideas?
    >
    > cheers,
    > eadie.

    - Use UNC coding
    - Check your permissions. If you invoke your batch file
    as a service then it runs under the System account. This
    account has no access rights to any shared resource.
    Inserting the line
    echo %date% %time% User=%Username% >> c:\test.log
    into your batch file will quickly confirm this.

+ Reply to Thread