Re: SCSI NT hang on bootup - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Re: SCSI NT hang on bootup - Windows NT ; Install a different OS (e.g. Linux) and see whether the problem persists. Regards, Martin. John C schrieb: > > I have inherited a PC system running Windows NT and a SCSI CDROM. When > the CDROM is not connected the ...

  1. Re: SCSI NT hang on bootup

    John C schrieb:

    > I have inherited a PC system running Windows NT and a SCSI CDROM. When
    > the CDROM is not connected the system always (I believe) boots OK but
    > when it is connected it sometimes hangs as the Windows desktop is
    > displayed.
    >
    > I've looked in the SCSI adapters setup and it says: Adaptec
    > AHA-29xU2/295xU2/395xU2* and IDE CD-ROM (ATAPI 1.2)/*
    >
    > Does anyone know why this may happen?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > John C.

  2. Re: SCSI NT hang on bootup

    It would be simpler to try a DOS boot floppy with ASPI drivers. You can probably get one from bootdisk.com.

    --

    When replying by Email include NewSGrouP (case sensitive) in Subject

    Mike Walsh
    West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.

+ Reply to Thread