rkill...... cant get it to work - Windows NT

This is a discussion on rkill...... cant get it to work - Windows NT ; hi. im having some problems using the rkill command i have 2 computer in a workgroup called "mshome" im traying to kill a proccess on a remote computer using the rkill command and i get the following errors : 1. ...

  1. rkill...... cant get it to work

    hi.

    im having some problems using the rkill command
    i have 2 computer in a workgroup called "mshome"
    im traying to kill a proccess on a remote computer using the rkill
    command and i get the following errors :

    1. rkill /install \\servername -
    Opening Service Control manager on \\servername access is denied

    2. rkill /view \\servername - The RPC server is unavailable

    i cant seem to work around it, no matter what i tried
    is it possible that rkill works only in Domain and not workgroup?

    help.... please

  2. Re: rkill...... cant get it to work

    htnoam wrote...

    >im having some problems using the rkill command

    where does rkill come from? i don't have that toy on my W2KP.

    >i have 2 computer in a workgroup called "mshome"
    >im traying to kill a proccess on a remote computer using the rkill
    >command and i get the following errors :
    >
    >1. rkill /install \\servername -
    > Opening Service Control manager on \\servername access is denied

    Are you suppose to authenticate the remote PC with username & password
    first?

    >2. rkill /view \\servername - The RPC server is unavailable
    >
    >i cant seem to work around it, no matter what i tried
    >is it possible that rkill works only in Domain and not workgroup?
    >
    >help.... please

    There is a similar tool "pskill" (search for pstools from
    http://www.sysinternals.com).

    ===
    c:\> pskill --help

    PsKill v1.03 - local and remote process killer
    Copyright (C) 2000 Mark Russinovich
    http://www.sysinternals.com

    PsKill terminates processes on a local or remote NT system.

    Usage: pskill [\\RemoteComputer [-u Username]]
    -u Specifies optional user name for login to
    remote computer.
    ===

  3. Re: rkill...... cant get it to work

    Thanks
    i will try it.

    harryooopotter@hotmail.co_ (Harry) wrote in message news:...
    > htnoam wrote...
    >
    > >im having some problems using the rkill command

    > where does rkill come from? i don't have that toy on my W2KP.
    >
    > >i have 2 computer in a workgroup called "mshome"
    > >im traying to kill a proccess on a remote computer using the rkill
    > >command and i get the following errors :
    > >
    > >1. rkill /install \\servername -
    > > Opening Service Control manager on \\servername access is denied

    > Are you suppose to authenticate the remote PC with username & password
    > first?
    >
    > >2. rkill /view \\servername - The RPC server is unavailable
    > >
    > >i cant seem to work around it, no matter what i tried
    > >is it possible that rkill works only in Domain and not workgroup?
    > >
    > >help.... please

    > There is a similar tool "pskill" (search for pstools from
    > http://www.sysinternals.com).
    >
    > ===
    > c:\> pskill --help
    >
    > PsKill v1.03 - local and remote process killer
    > Copyright (C) 2000 Mark Russinovich
    > http://www.sysinternals.com
    >
    > PsKill terminates processes on a local or remote NT system.
    >
    > Usage: pskill [\\RemoteComputer [-u Username]]
    > -u Specifies optional user name for login to
    > remote computer.
    > ===

+ Reply to Thread