Administrator Password problems - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Administrator Password problems - Windows NT ; Greetings all. I just changed my Administrator password, but now I can't get into Administrator mode with the new password or the old one. The new password contained a single-quote character and a comma. What could have gone wrong, and ...

  1. Administrator Password problems

    Greetings all.

    I just changed my Administrator password, but now I can't get into
    Administrator mode with the new password or the old one. The new
    password contained a single-quote character and a comma. What could
    have gone wrong, and how can I fix it? Can I fix it in DOS?

  2. Re: Administrator Password problems

    "Great Teacher Umikun" wrote in message
    news:dfeed788.0405301510.2c274dcd@posting.google.c om...
    > Greetings all.
    >
    > I just changed my Administrator password, but now I can't get into
    > Administrator mode with the new password or the old one. The new
    > password contained a single-quote character and a comma. What could
    > have gone wrong, and how can I fix it? Can I fix it in DOS?

    In such cases you log in under your alternative admin
    account, then reset the password of the primary admin
    account.

  3. Re: Administrator Password problems

    Great Teacher Umikun (umikun13@yahoo.com) wrote:
    : Greetings all.
    :
    : I just changed my Administrator password, but now I can't get into
    : Administrator mode with the new password or the old one. The new
    : password contained a single-quote character and a comma. What could
    : have gone wrong, and how can I fix it? Can I fix it in DOS?
    :
    ERD Commander 2003 from

    http://www.winternals.com/
    Winternals Software -
    Intelligent Recovery Solutions for the Microsoft Enterprise

    A frewware solution available from:

    Offline NT Password & Registry Editor

    Forgot your NT admin password?

    Reinstall? Oh no... But not any more...

    I've used the latter successfully on Windows XP.

    --Jerry Leslie
    Note: leslie@jrlvax.houston.rr.com is invalid for email

  4. Re: Administrator Password problems

    LESLIE@JRLVAX.HOUSTON.RR.COM (leslie) wrote in message news:<1Xyuc.36467$lY2.23184@fe1.texas.rr.com>...
    > A frewware solution available from:
    >
    > http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/
    > Offline NT Password & Registry Editor
    >
    > Forgot your NT admin password?
    >
    > Reinstall? Oh no... But not any more...
    >
    > I've used the latter successfully on Windows XP.
    >
    > --Jerry Leslie
    > Note: leslie@jrlvax.houston.rr.com is invalid for email

    It worked like a charm! I just left my administrator password blank. I
    think the program killed off the password protections, but it's a home
    computer and I live alone, so no problem. The lock on my apartment
    door is security enough. Now I can re-enable my network card and DHCP
    when I get my ADSL connection this weekend.

    Note: The computer ran CHKDSK.EXE after I cleared the password, saying
    that the hard disk MAY be corrupt. It wasn't. ^_^ Also, in my User
    Manager, it shows a password for the administrator account even after
    I try to blank it out. Even still, I can log in as administrator
    without a password.

  5. Re: Administrator Password problems

    Great Teacher Umikun (umikun13@yahoo.com) wrote:
    : LESLIE@JRLVAX.HOUSTON.RR.COM (leslie) wrote in message
[...]