tar.exe:please no popups - Windows NT

This is a discussion on tar.exe:please no popups - Windows NT ; Hi guys and gals, At the moment I have trouble using tar.exe to unpack. This unpacking is a necessary step in a series of dayly interfaces that i run as a system administrator. Every time tar.exe generates a popup to ...

  1. tar.exe:please no popups

    Hi guys and gals,

    At the moment I have trouble using tar.exe to unpack. This unpacking is a
    necessary step in a series of dayly interfaces that i run as a system
    administrator. Every time tar.exe generates a popup to have confirmed the
    unpacking. This popup is a real showstoppper as it halts the complete serie
    of interfaces.

    Does anyone of you which options to use to unpack a file without being
    pestered by these popups?

    Thanx

    Bas

  2. Re: tar.exe:please no popups

    LB wrote...

    >Does anyone of you which options to use to unpack a file without being
    >pestered by these popups?

    Yeah, use Gnu tar.

+ Reply to Thread