I am looking for a tool for auditing the number of operating systems
(workstations and servers) and software installed in my client sites.
We are focusing mostly on Microsoft Windows platforms. However it
would be a nice addition if the tool can provide information about
non-MS based platforms. As this is a single audit activity, the tool
does not have to have management or tracking capabilities.

Since my client has a number of remote site and there is no technical
staff there. The tool must be able to be run on a single floppy or
compact disc without further installation. No client software is to
be installed. There must be a save function for users to save the
report on their own.

Any suggestion? Please advise asap. Many thanks.

Antonio