"Frequently Asked Questions about CMD.EXE Command Line Scripts" - Windows NT

This is a discussion on "Frequently Asked Questions about CMD.EXE Command Line Scripts" - Windows NT ; So, are you insinuating that a signature is the same as spam? If so, that may be something to bring into light for discussion. However, my signature comes with a reply to a post, never without. -- All the Best, ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 29 of 29

  1. Re: "Frequently Asked Questions about CMD.EXE Command Line Scripts"

    --
    All the Best,
    Kelly

    Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
    2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

    "Marco Maier Said" wrote in message
    > Kelly wrote in message :
    >
    >> These are newsgroups and not a place for
    >> commercials.

    >> Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!
    >> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm

    > lol
    >
    > --
    > Marco

  2. Re: "Frequently Asked Questions about CMD.EXE Command Line Scripts"

    It is very common for posters to have/use signatures. Just as the groups
    you belong to or frequent. As per your question, again this is common
    for/within the groups I work.

    --

    "Si Ballenger" wrote in message
    > On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 03:06:15 -0500, "Kelly"
    > wrote:
    >
    >>IMO, recognition and respect is earned from hands on, working with the
    >>public, not from billboards. These are newsgroups and not a place for
    >>commercials.
    >>
    >>--
    >>All the Best,
    >>Kelly
    >>
    >>Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
    >>2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award
    >>
    >>Troubleshooting Windows XP
    >>http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    >>
    >>Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!
    >>http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm

    > So what is the above MS sock puppet stuff? ;-)

  3. Re: "Frequently Asked Questions about CMD.EXE Command Line Scripts"

    It's not only common on MSNews server. On Usenet one is allowed a 4 line sig on any topic one wants. But these usenet people very rarely understand their own rules.

    And the band played ....
    http://www.livejournal.com/users/aldon/74121.html
    "Kelly" wrote in message news:OycKrsNMEHA.2244@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > It is very common for posters to have/use signatures. Just as the groups
    > you belong to or frequent. As per your question, again this is common
    > for/within the groups I work.
    >
    > --
    > All the Best,
    > Kelly
    >
    > Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
    > 2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award
    >
    > Troubleshooting Windows XP
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    >
    > Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!
    >

    > "Si Ballenger" wrote in message
    > > On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 03:06:15 -0500, "Kelly"
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >>IMO, recognition and respect is earned from hands on, working with the
    > >>public, not from billboards. These are newsgroups and not a place for
    > >>commercials.
    > >>
    > >>--
    > >>All the Best,
    > >>Kelly
    > >>
    > >>Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
    > >>2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award
    > >>
    > >>Troubleshooting Windows XP
    > >>http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    > >>
    > >>Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!
    > >>http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm

    > > So what is the above MS sock puppet stuff? ;-)

  4. Re: "Frequently Asked Questions about CMD.EXE Command Line Scripts"

    Thanks, David. I don't read the rules, it seems I either create new ones or
    break them with these folks. Oh well....

    --

    "Kelly" wrote in message
    > It is very common for posters to have/use signatures. Just as the groups
    > you belong to or frequent. As per your question, again this is common
    > for/within the groups I work.
    >
    > --
    > All the Best,
    > Kelly
    >
    > Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
    > 2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award
    >
    > Troubleshooting Windows XP
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    >
    > Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!
    >

    > "Si Ballenger" wrote in message
    > > On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 03:06:15 -0500, "Kelly"
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >>IMO, recognition and respect is earned from hands on, working with the
    > >>public, not from billboards. These are newsgroups and not a place for
    > >>commercials.
    > >>
    > >>--
    > >>All the Best,
    > >>Kelly
    > >>
    > >>Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
    > >>2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award
    > >>
    > >>Troubleshooting Windows XP
    > >>http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    > >>
    > >>Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!
    > >>http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm

    > > So what is the above MS sock puppet stuff? ;-)

  5. Re: "Frequently Asked Questions about CMD.EXE Command Line Scripts"

    Kelly wrote:

    > So, are you insinuating that a signature is the same as spam? If so, that

    Technically, if one makes an honest effort to answer questions in a NG
    and has a .sig that points to your 100% commercial site it's not spam.
    In other words, if I ran a hosting service and answered questions here
    and had my .sig direct people to my site it wouldn't be spam. A .sig is
    just a .sig. Many folks have have them that show where they
    work, for example.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

  6. Re: "Frequently Asked Questions about CMD.EXE Command Line Scripts"

    Thanks for the comment, Ed. )

    --

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > Kelly wrote:
    >>
    >> So, are you insinuating that a signature is the same as spam? If so,
    >> that

    > Technically, if one makes an honest effort to answer questions in a NG
    > and has a .sig that points to your 100% commercial site it's not spam.
    > In other words, if I ran a hosting service and answered questions here
    > and had my .sig direct people to my site it wouldn't be spam. A .sig is
    > just a .sig. Many folks have have them that show where they
    > work, for example.
    >

    > --
    > http://www.bootdisk.com/

  7. Re: "Frequently Asked Questions about CMD.EXE Command Line Scripts"

    "Kelly" wrote in message
    > So, are you insinuating that a signature is the same as spam? If so, that
    > may be something to bring into light for discussion. However, my

    signature
    > comes with a reply to a post, never without.

    I think Marco was pointing out the apparent contradiction of your posting of
    "These are newsgroups and not a place for commercials" being followed by a
    couple of commercials. Obviously you use the same signature all the time,
    and I have no problem with it. But it is still funny, just like saying: "you
    should NEVER say NEVER".

    /Al

    > --
    > All the Best,
    > Kelly
    >
    > Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
    > 2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award
    >
    > Troubleshooting Windows XP
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    >
    > Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!
    >

    > "Marco Maier Said" wrote in message
    > > Kelly wrote in message :
    > >
    > >> These are newsgroups and not a place for
    > >> commercials.

    > >> Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!
    > >> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm

    > > lol
    > >
    > > --
    > > Marco

  8. Re: "Frequently Asked Questions about CMD.EXE Command Line Scripts"

    Ah, I see. ) Thanks for the reply, Al.

    --

    "Al Dunbar [MS-MVP]" wrote in message

    > "Kelly" wrote in message
    >> So, are you insinuating that a signature is the same as spam? If so,
    >> that
    >> may be something to bring into light for discussion. However, my

    > signature
    >> comes with a reply to a post, never without.

    > I think Marco was pointing out the apparent contradiction of your posting
    > of
    > "These are newsgroups and not a place for commercials" being followed by a
    > couple of commercials. Obviously you use the same signature all the time,
    > and I have no problem with it. But it is still funny, just like saying:
    > "you
    > should NEVER say NEVER".
    >
    > /Al
    >
    >> --
    >> All the Best,
    >> Kelly
    >>
    >> Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
    >> 2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award
    >>
    >> Troubleshooting Windows XP
    >> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    >>
    >> Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!
    >> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm
    >>

    >> "Marco Maier Said" wrote in message

    >> > lol
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Marco

  9. Re: "Frequently Asked Questions about CMD.EXE Command Line Scripts"

    "Al Dunbar [MS-MVP]" wrote:
    >"Kelly" wrote
    >> So, are you insinuating that a signature is the same as spam? If
    >> so, that may be something to bring into light for discussion.
    >> However, my signature comes with a reply to a post, never without.

    >I think Marco was pointing out the apparent contradiction of your
    >posting of "These are newsgroups and not a place for commercials"
    >being followed by a couple of commercials. Obviously you use the same
    >signature all the time, and I have no problem with it. But it is still
    >funny, just like saying: "you should NEVER say NEVER".
    >
    >/Al

    I'm with you in that Al.
    AFAIK netiquette says to limit a signature to 4 lines. Kelly's signature
    is more like a vcard of letter size :-)
    And if a message can hide behind an attached vcard IMO that's funny too.

    X'Post ambn, com-wnm, com-wpm, mpwca

    --
    Greetings

+ Reply to Thread