Help with installing True Type fonts - Windows NT

This is a discussion on Help with installing True Type fonts - Windows NT ; I need help getting true type fonts to display in my application. I installed the necessary .ttf files in my c:/winnt/fonts directory, or so I thought. When I try to view the contents of the directory via Explorer, they are ...

  1. Help with installing True Type fonts

    I need help getting true type fonts to display in my application.
    I installed the necessary .ttf files in my c:/winnt/fonts directory, or so I
    thought. When I try to view the contents of the directory via Explorer, they
    are not listed. But if I use Find tool looking for the filenames I know
    exist, then they are listed. Why would they not display in simple directory
    listing in Explorer (No, I have not set option to not display certain filetypes,
    and other .ttf files are listed).

    And what else needs to happen for my web application to be able to display
    true type fonts? I did reboot the machine after installing the fonts in the
    fonts directory.

  2. Re: Help with installing True Type fonts

    Terri I. wrote...

    >I need help getting true type fonts to display in my application.
    >I installed the necessary .ttf files in my c:/winnt/fonts directory, or so I
    >thought. When I try to view the contents of the directory via Explorer, they
    >are not listed. But if I use Find tool looking for the filenames I know
    >exist, then they are listed. Why would they not display in simple directory
    >listing in Explorer (No, I have not set option to not display certain

    filetypes,
    >and other .ttf files are listed).
    >
    >And what else needs to happen for my web application to be able to display
    >true type fonts? I did reboot the machine after installing the fonts in the
    >fonts directory.

    explorer | Tools | Folder Options | View
    (.) show hidden files and folders

+ Reply to Thread